Monday, December 7, 2009

Review: Niu Er Biobeauty Advanced Hydrating Eye Freshening Gel

The Biobeauty Advanced Hydrating Eye Freshening Gel HA玻尿酸清新眼凝露 is supposed to refresh the eye area, hydrate whenever and wherever you are. So it is meant to be an on-the-go product that you can bring with you and use whenever your eye area feels dry. Contains Hyaluronic Acid and other moisturising ingredients like Aloe, as well as ingredients like peppermint to freshen your eye area, to make you feel energetic again.

This is the worst eye product I have ever had. I am very glad that I didn't use this when I was outside. I used this last night as my eye area felt really dry despite using eye cream, perhaps because of the air con. I thought this is a good timing to try out the Biobeauty Advanced Hydrating Eye Freshening Gel. I used this before going to bed, and I woke up with the biggest shock of my life.

The entire area under my eye was red and swollen, worse than what happened when I used Prevage eye anti-aging cream. When I rolled on the Biobeauty Advanced Hydrating Eye Freshening Gel I felt a refreshing peppermint sensation, somewhat similar to Chinese medicated oil. But I thought nothing of it since this eye gel was meant to freshen up the eye area for office ladies in air conditioned rooms and feeling tired from work and eye strain. I ignored the peppermint sensation and went to sleep.

This is what I woke up with (sorry for the inverted picture, it might not be clear as it is from my handphone but the redness is very clear) and worse in real life. The patch of redness was exactly where I put the Eye Freshening Gel at and this is what resulted. It is as though my skin got burnt!!

It is very very severe and has not subside despite using my usual eye cream and soaking cotton pads with Avene Thermal Water to soothe my eye area. I also resorted to putting thick layers of Clinique Moisture Surge Extra over the area as it is very very dry and very red. I have never experienced anything like that before. My undereye area is still very red, dry and hurts very badly when anything is applied to it.

I suspect that the peppermint is the cause of this severe irritation to the skin around my eye area, which I cannot understand, since peppermint is something that has potential to irritate the skin, especially at the sensitive eye area. There is nothing I can do now to the redness, dryness and pain except to use Avene Thermal Water to soothe the area and keep it moisturised with Clinique Moisture surge. If anyone reading has any other suggestions please let me know. I am contemplating seeing a doctor for this.

Rate: 0/5 Stay away from this product. Worst eye product ever

Update to my skin condition here: http://skincare-holic.blogspot.com/2009/12/update-to-biobeauty-advanced-hydrating.html 

Read other Niu Er BioBeauty Reviews here:
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"