Sunday, November 15, 2009

Review: Niu Er's BeautyEasy Rose Flower Facial Night Jelly EX

My Review:The BeautyEasy Rose Flower Facial Night Jelly Ex is one of Niu Er's best selling product from the BeautyEasy range of products, as can be seen from the picture. So I obviously had to try this product when browsing for items to try during a spree. I will review and compare the Rose Night Jelly with other similar products below.

I had expected the night jelly to be similar to Clinique's Moisture Surge or Laneige Water Sleeping Pack EX, or even Niu Er's Biobeauty Deep Sea Collagen gel, all of which function as a sleeping mask, for additional moisture. Usually when using the above three products, I will wake up with skin that is soft and hydrated, without any oily feeling.

However, with the Rose flower night jelly, when I use it as the last step of my skincare regime, I usually wake up with an oily T-zone. This makes me feel that the product might not be adding enough moisture to my skin. Another way of putting this would be that this product provides moisture by using emollients that are oil-based, rather than water based. I see an obvious oily shine on my face after using the rose night jelly. But this oily feeling does not happen with Clinique or Laneige or Biobeauty products mentioned above.

This Rose Night jelly has a light fragrance that is not overpowering. This is something that I like. The gel-like texture is thicker/more viscous that Clinique and Laneige. But similar to BioBeauty's deep sea collagen gel.

I do feel some moisturising effects immediately after I use it as face is more oily. It contains beneficial ingredients like Hyaluronic Acid, which is a very good moisturising agent as it is able to hold a lot of moisture, and others such as rose extract and aloe vera extract, all of which provide moisture for the skin.Unlike the Lavender Detox-White Facial Night Jelly from the same BeautyEasy range of products, the rose night jelly does not provide brightening effects. (I will not do a separate review for the Lavender Night Jelly as it is essentially the same as the Rose Night Jelly, except that it contains brightening/whitening ingredients, however I do not think that it delivers brightening benefits and does not give as good a result as the Deep Sea Collagen Gel with Ascorbyl Glucoside.)

Overall, both the Rose Night Jelly and the Lavender Night Jelly are similar products. With the same oily residue that they both leave on my face, same texture and same effects. That said, they are a cheap alternative to Clinique's Moisture Surge extended thirst relief and Laneige Water Sleeping Pack EX. If you have to choose between BeautyEasy's Night jelly with those of BioBeauty, I would say choose the Biobeauty Deep Sea Collagen Gel.

I will not purchase the rose night jelly again, but I have already purchased a second tub of Biobeauty's Deep Sea Collagen Gel with Ascorbyl Glucoside, waiting to be used after I finish this product!=)

Rate: 3/5 It provides moisture but leaves my skin oily. I say choose Biobeauty instead.

Read other related posts on Night masks:
Read other Niu Er BioBeauty Reviews here:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"