Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Review: Proactiv Renewing Cleanser

I got this Proactiv Renewing Cleanser as part of a set with the Proactiv Advanced Blemish Treatment and the Proactiv Daily Oil Control when Watsons was having promotion. Since I really like the Proactiv Advanced Blemish Control, I thought I'd give the other items a try. I have reviewed the other two items in this set and the links are available below, I will be reviewing the Practiv Renewing Cleanser today.

I feel like the Practiv Renewing Cleanser is more like a scrub cleanser because there are small beads in the cleanser, which makes is a bit harsh for my skin. I have a combination skin type, dehydrated outside oily inside type of skin and I find that this can be drying for me. I use this cleanser on days when I find that I have some pimples and I use this is combination with the Advanced Blemish Treatment just so it would be more effective. I tried making this cleanser my daily cleanser but it is really too harsh, I will only recommend this for oily/acne-prone skin types.

One thing good about the scrubbing beads is that it helps exfoliate away dead skin cells and allows the Benzoyl Peroxide to be better absorbed in to your skin, making it more effective. But if you do not have widespread acne, the Benzoyl Peroxide will dry out your skin. Benzoyl Peroxide is an anti-bacterial agent, so it helps kill bacteria which cause acne. I use this cleanser once a week if I do not have breakouts just as a preventive measure to kill away the acne-causing bacteria. When I am suffering from some pimples, I will use it on alternate days, only at night.

It is useful to have your own normal day cleanser and use this cleanser as a supplement to your skincare regime if you are more acne prone. But I don't think I will repurchase this Proactiv Renewing Cleanser as it does not suit my skin. 

Update (04/07/2010): Read http://skincare-holic.blogspot.com/2010/07/my-experience-proactiv-solution.html on how I reduce the harshness of Proactiv Solution Renewing Cleanser by mixing it with Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser.

Read other Proactiv product reviews here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"