Sunday, July 4, 2010

My Experience: Proactiv Solution Renewing Cleanser + Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

In my previous review of the Proactiv Renewing Cleanser, I mentioned that I find it harsh for my skin and can by drying if used daily. I found a way to lessen the harshness of this cleanser. I use this with Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser.
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser only has 8 ingredients (3 of which are parabens - preservatives) so it is essentially a very basic cleanser. This makes it a good base to mix other harsher cleansers as the ingredients in Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser are basic ingredients that most other cleansers also have.

Ingredients: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Stearyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben.(from Cetaphil.com)

What I do is I mix 1 part Proactiv Solution Renewing Cleanser with 1 part Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser and I find that this mixture works well for me. I find that it makes the Proactiv Renewing Cleanser less drying and also cushions the scrub beads so it does not feel so rough on the skin. You can adjust the ratio of Proactiv vs Cetaphil to the amount your skin can take and you get the benefits of the Benzoyl Peroxide with less dryness.

Give this a try if you find Proactiv too strong for your skin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"