Thursday, June 30, 2011

Review: Therapeutic Dermatologic Formula Age Defense System PA+++ UVA/UVB SPF50+ Sunscreen

credit: ocean health sg website

Product Information (from Ocean Health sg website):
TDF Age Defense System PA+++ UVA/UVB SPF50+ Sunscreen

A high performance sunscreen that blocks out the maximum amount of harmful UVA and UVB rays to protect the skin from sunburns and skin-darkening. The PA+++ rating means it is clinically proven to protect against age-inducing UVA rays and photo-damage. Ultra microfine zinc oxide provides the high SPF protection. Enriched with a powerful antioxidant, CoQ10,  this silky and lightweight cream protects the skin from within and improves the overall skin texture for a natural-looking and radiant complexion. Suitable for all skin types

Review:

I really like this sunscreen. I used up one tube and bought another 2 more as there as a 20% discount at the pharmacy. This Therapeutic Dermatologic Formula Age Defense System PA+++ UVA/UVB SPF50+ Sunscreen has high UVA and UVB protection, which is good and is also good to use after chemical peel as it does not irritate the skin, and it did not cause any irritation or sensitivity when I used this when I had patches of eczema on my face. 

A lot of sunscreens tend to leave a white cast, an oily sheen or make my face oil up after a few hours. I find that I have to powder my face to keep it oil-free. But I don't have any problems with TDF Age Defense System PA+++ UVA/UVB SPF50+ Sunscreen. It has a creamy texture and easy to blend into my skin. There is no white cast and no oily sheen. It also does not dry out my skin. I am sensitive to avobenzones/Parsol, so it is good that the TDF sunscreen does not contain this ingredient. 

Another good thing is that it absorbs really quick. I spread it out evenly and after a minute or so, the sunscreen is absorbed. Because I use the required 1ml on my face, fast absorption is important as I don't like the feeling of a sunscreen sitting on top of my skin and waiting before I can powder my face to reduce the oily sheen. With Therapeutic Dermatologic Formula Age Defense System PA+++ UVA/UVB SPF50+ Sunscreen, I don't have to wait long for it to absorb and I usually don't powder anymore. 

A down side is, the sunscreen rubs off into white rubbings (like eraser dust). Especially after half a day and I swipe my face or rub my eye I find white rubbings on my face so I have to clean it off and I think I am also removing my sun protection. I think this is due to the silicone, but I may be wrong. 

As a comparison, La Roche Posay Uvidea XL SPF50 sunscreens provide good protection but leave an oily sheen on my skin. L'oreal UV Perfect SPF 50, which I was using previously left a bit of white cast and some oiliness. Both takes a while for it to settle into my skin/absorb properly. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"