Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Review: La Roche-Posay Uvidea XL SPF50 PA+++ Tinted Cream

The Finish
The one I bought was the La Roche-Posay Uvidea XL SPF50 PA+++ Tinted Cream, there is another one that is white and untinted but I was looking for something that functions both as a sunscreen and have some properties to even out my skin tone. I didn't want to use another layer of foundation on my skin as I sometimes do not have time to wait 20 mins for the sunscreen to settle in before applying foundation. I like that the tint suits my NC20 skin and blended in really well. It does not have the foundation look but just helps make my skin look more even toned and slightly dewy/glow to the skin.

The Application
The application was a breeze. It does not feel oily like the Anthelios XL Fluide Extreme SPF50+. It has PPD 18 compared to Anthelios' PPD 38. But PPD of 18 is supposedly enough for office/indoor use, as long as you are not doing outdoor sports. The sunscreen when applied on is easy to blend into the skin and absorbs readily.

The Downside
This La Roche-Posay Uvidea XL SPF50 PA+++ Tinted Cream would be a winner if it remained the way it is when it is applied. Unfortunately, it makes my skin get oilier as the day gets by. By late afternoon, there would be a visible shine on my skin and when I try to touch up with powder, my skin would get oily again.

The ingredients
This sunscreen would be good for those with normal to dry (and sensitive) skin as it contains emollient ingredients like shea butter, which would moisturise skin. As my skin is combination-type, it might be the reason why my skin got oilier by the end of the day. I would normally skip moisturiser or apply a very light moisturiser as this is moisturising enough for my skin.

Conclusion
All in all, I would have loved this La Roche-Posay Uvidea XL SPF50 PA+++ Tinted Cream if it did not make my skin oily as application was a breeze and the finish was nice and made my skin glow. However, as it gave me a very visible shine (which makes me a little self-conscious), I probably will not re-purchase this. My mom, however, likes this as it is rich enough for her (she has dry skin type).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"