Monday, August 30, 2010

Skincare-holic's Skincare Tip #7

As part of my skincare routine, I use a scrub once or twice every week. It is important to exfoliate to remove old skin cells so that skincare products can be absorbed into our skin. The build up of old skin cells and dirt can also clog pores and cause blackheads and pimples.

What I like to do is scrub my face with my scrub of choice, wash it off thoroughly then dry my skin and follow with my Clinique Clarifying Lotion 2. I pour slightly more than the usual amount onto a cotton pad (usually I use a fifty cent coin, roughly the size of the bottle mouth opening) then instead of sliding it across my skin in outward movements as I usually do, I move in circular motion all over my face. Note that you should use an exfoliating toner like Clinique Clarifying Lotion or Kose Seikisho Clear Lotion.

I have been trying this method a few times and I always get a few blackheads/clogs out as I can see the dark yellow bits of the blackheads stuck on my cotton pad. This method works better than the Etude House Green Tea Nose Pack without any need to wait 15 mins for it to dry only to get a measly few blackheads out.

Try out this method and let me know if it works for you!

1 comment:

  1. Will try this tip on my strawberry nose! Thanks for sharing! =)

    By the way, which do you think is better? Clinique Clarifying Lotion or Kose Seikisho Clear Lotion.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"