Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Review: Avene Deep Pore Foaming Cleanser

I bought this Avene Deep Pore Foaming Cleanser when it came in a promotion pack together with the new formulation Cleanance K. I originally wanted to get the Avene foaming gel cleanser as it would suit my combination skin better but the SA assured me that this Deep Pore Foaming Cleanser would suit my skin as well. This cleanser does not suit my skin that well. It strips my skin of more moisture than a cleanser should and is more suitable for oily skin as stated on the packaging. My skin condition is now dehydrated and I can feel the tightness in my skin. I only use this cleanser at night as it would be too strong for day time use.

Despite it being too strong for my skin, I like this cleanser as it cleans well. If this is any indication of how well Avene cleansers work, it gave me the confidence to buy the Avene Moussant Soapless Foaming Gel to try out as well (a separate review later).

There is no yellowish stains on my cotton pad when I follow up with my toner, which tells me this cleanser performs well. However, my skin feels tight and dehydrated if I do not follow immediately with my skincare. And there is usually this squeaky clean feeling when I am rinsing off the foam.

This Avene Deep Pore Foaming Cleanser does not irritate my skin nor leave my skin red. I also like that there is no strong fragrance. If I am not wrong, there is no perfume added. So this is good for those who are sensitive to perfume/fragrances in skincare products.

The foam is not dense and thick like that of Fancl's Washing Powder or Hada Labo AHA/BHA Exfoliating Face Wash Foam, but is acceptable for me.

Conclusion
This Avene deep pore cleanser is suitable for oily and sensitive skin, those with combination skin like mine should choose the Avene Moussant Soapless Foaming Gel instead as it might be too drying. This cleanser has good cleansing power.

Tip: Avene products are cheaper in Malaysia compared to here in Singapore.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"