Saturday, January 15, 2011

Review: Avene Gentle Purifying Scrub

I bought Avene Gentle Purifying Scrub to replace my previous scrub when it ran out. I had no particular preference at the moment and since I was at the Avene counter buying Cleanance K, I asked the SA about the Gentle Purifying scrub. She told me it is one of their best sellers (I wonder how true).

This Avene Gentle Purifying Scrub is definitely good for those with sensitive skin as it is so gentle, it didn't feel like I was exfoliating my skin. The scrub has a gel-base and small beads. The gel seems to act as a cushion to buffer the roughness of the beads so it makes it very gentle. There was no irritation or redness when I used this scrub.

I would prefer something less gentle but this is a good scrub to have if you are on AHA/BHA treatments as it is gentle enough not to irritate my skin when I use Cleanance K. Note that I usually stop applying AHA/BHA products one day before and after exfoliating with Avene Gentle Purifying Scrub.

If you are not using any chemical exfoliators (AHA/BHA), then this scrub might be a little too gentle. The tube is quite small (50ml) for the price of around S$29.90. I might not repurchase after I'm done.

1 comment:

  1. Ionax does a pretty good and reasonably priced scrub!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"