Friday, November 2, 2012

Review: Dermalogica UltraCalming Cleanser

Product Information: (from http://www.dermalogica.com/):
An extremely gentle cleansing gel/cream that can either be rinsed off or gently removed with tissue or The Sponge Cloth. Helps combat skin sensitivity caused by exposure to pollution, harsh climate, irritating cosmetic products and other environmental influences. Contains no artificial fragrance or color.

Review:
This cleanser is very calming on my skin. When I am having eczema or other skin sensitivity, this cleanser does not sting and actually helps lower the discomfort caused by the eczema.

I particularly like Dermalogica UltraCalming Cleanser because Cetaphil Cleanser started to sting my skin and cause redness whenever I cleanse my face. I usually double cleanse as I have sunscreen on my face.  On my first wash with Cetaphil, my skin would feel a slight sting and would usually not feel clean. But the second wash would cause a lot more stinging and redness. This would worsen when I am having eczema. There is no such stinging or redness with Dermalogica UltraCalming Cleanser, which is why I think this is a better cleanser for sensitive skin. (Please note that all skin types are different, so even if you have sensitive and eczema-prone skin like mine, you might have a different experience from mine.)

The Dermalogica UltraCalming Cleanser does not foam and I was not used to non-foaming cleansers initially. I felt as though my skin was not clean after cleansing. But I got used to it and my skin did not feel dried out after cleansing. In fact, it felt comfortably moist, which is a feeling that will not happen when cleansers are too harsh for your skin (your skin will usually feel very tight and dry).  So it is good that my skin feels moist after cleansing as keeping moisture in the skin helps keep skin sensitivity low and prevents eczema as well. The cleanser is good for those with dry skin as well. 

It is a plus that this cleanser has no harsh ingredients, like fragrances or alcohol, which lowers the risk for sensitivity. The gel/cream texture is also easy to use and does not have any drag when making cleansing motions around the face.

In general, I am enjoying the Dermalogica UltraCalming range of products (except the UltraCalming Relief Masque, which stings badly!) I will continue reviewing the other products in the UltraCalming range soon :)

19 comments:

  1. A lot of thanks for the review, this cleanser is looking effective i must try this..:)
    Cellulite products

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg yay!! A fellow beauty blogger with eczema,
    www.beautysatchel.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder how you got so good. This is really a fascinating blog, lots of stuff that I can Get into. One thing I just want to say is that your Blog is so perfect!
    Cosmetic Surgeons

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder how you got so good. This is really a fascinating blog, lots of stuff that I can Get into. One thing I just want to say is that your Blog is so perfect!

    Skin Laxity

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dermalogica UltraCalming Cleanser is an extremely-gentle cleansing gel-cream that combats environmental assault with Dermalogica's exclusive Anti-Ozonate Complex Mike Walden Review

    ReplyDelete
  6. This cleanser is very soothing and great for people with sensitive skin or irritation.
    Indulekha Skin Care Oil

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is I want to find articles. I appreciate you pay so much. Hope that more and more people will like your article!
    Responsive Web Design Firms in india

    ReplyDelete
  8. congratulations guys, quality information you have given!!! wrinkles cream

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the review! this cleanser is so effective. I always use this from Pure Beauty Online, which also provides cleansers and other dermalogica products at very affordable price.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really very nice product. I also want to use it after reading this blog.. Thanks for this nice post..

    Buy Skin Care Products

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wha! This is great full blog i like this type blog. Deferentially this blog have this quality big cost, special effects, thank for sharing this blog.
    Weight Loss Supplements

    ReplyDelete
  13. Responsive Web Design Firms in india Using a cleanser to remove dirt is considered to be a better alternative to bar soap or another form of skin cleanser not specifically formulated for the face

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nutrispray is the best supplement brand in India. We take care of your health by offering you delectable sublingual sprays to provide you with the essential glutathione spray benefitsglutathione spray benefits, vitamin E benefits for the skin and vitamin D3 best supplement! There are zero preservatives and artificial flavours in the Nutrispray supplements.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"