Saturday, August 18, 2012

Review: Dermalogica UltraCalming Barrier Repair


Product Information: (credit: dermalogica.com)
Help fortify sensitized skin and a damaged barrier with this velvety, anhydrous (waterless) moisturizer. Use after toning to help shield against environmental and internal triggers that cause skin stress. Contains our exclusive UltraCalmingTM Complex to interrupt inflammatory triggers that lead to sensitization, while helping to minimize discomfort, burning and itching. Formulated without artificial fragrances and colors.

Review:
I was previously using Avene Skin Recovery Cream but noticed that my eczema problems returned and so I decided to try out the Dermalogica UltraCalming range of products after it was recommended to me by my beautician. I started with the Dermalogica UltraCalming trial kit then purchased the full sized products and have been using the Dermalogica Ultracalming range since. I am finishing my second tube of Dermalogica UltraCalming Barrier Repair now and intend to purchase another tube of this soon.

I really like the Dermalogica UltraCalming Barrier Repair because I noticed that my eczema breakouts are less frequent and when applied over sensitized spots, the Barrier Repair does not cause any stinging or redness. In fact I find that Dermalogica UltraCalming Barrier Repair is quite soothing, helps calm the skin and because it is a silicone-based moisturiser, it helps seal moisture in my skin and forms a barrier over my eczema spots so they heal faster and do not occur as frequently as before. 

I have not experienced any breakouts from this moisturiser. I find it moisturises better than the water-based Avene Skin Recovery Cream. I also like the silicone texture as it glides on very smoothly and my sunblock adheres well to my skin in the mornings. 

I would recommend this moisturiser for those with highly sensitive skin and eczema-prone skin types. I am currently using the UltraCalming Mist and Serum Concentrate with the Barrier Repair and I think these three products have been working well for my skin. I will definitely repurchase!


6 comments:

  1. Nice and simple solution found.
    thanks for your sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad the review was useful for you.
      Thanks for reading, riya joice! :)

      Delete
  2. By taking care of the skin your skin will be
    “natural skin”.“New-skin-care.com"is a centre from where you must
    get the beautiful skin care tips.It helps you to keep your skin
    healthy and brings inyour mind peace.

    skin care
    skin care tips
    clear skin care
    beautiful skin care
    anti aging skin care
    natural skin care

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEST COLLAGEN SUPPLEMENT Collagen is a protein which is the most abundant compound in your bodyIt not only forms
    connective tissues throughout your body but is also responsible for the construction of your bones and skin too Your body naturally produces collagen every
    INTERNAL SKINCARE Day. But over time, that production slows down.
    skin called collagenase, which breaks down collagen,” says Debra Julian, MD, author of “Skin Rules: Trade Secrets from a Top New York Dermatologist.”
    “After the age of 25, we break down more collagen than we make, so that’s why we start to see fine lines and wrinkles,” she says. You can add more to your
    routine by consistently expending nourishments like bone broth and organ meats. On the off chance that these nourishments aren't in your standard turn,
    COLLAGEN SUPPLEMENTS INIDA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Your Blog is much informative but I need more information about
    Skin Care Tips in Urdu. And More Data about Skin Complexities.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"