Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Review: La Roche-Posay Active C Eyes

Product information (credit: laroche-posay.us):

Recommended For
  • Premature aging of the eye area
  • Fine lines and wrinkles
  • Dark circles
Benefits
  • Minimizes fine lines and wrinkles
  • Reduces dark circles
  • Suitable for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers
  • Silky, pleasant texture
Key Ingredients
  • 5% Vitamin C (L-ascorbic acid) > Anti-oxidant
  • Citrus amara > Minimizes dark circles
  • Glycerin > Hydrating agent
  • Thermal spring water > Soothing, anti-oxidant
  • Canola oil > Emollient

Review:

I bought this eye cream as I wanted something with Vitamin C, which is a wonderful antioxidant and has good anti-aging properties. One thing about Vit C is that can be difficult to find a product that is stable and will not oxidise too quickly. La Roche-Posay Active C Eyes contains 5% L-ascorbic acid, which is a sufficient percentage to see results with use.

I like that this product is stable and I do not have to store it in the fridge. I have my La Roche-Posay Active C Eyes for a few months now and it is still a murky white colour when I squeeze my eye cream out for use. Sometimes, when I look into the cap, there will be some dark yellow residue of oxidised eye cream. When that happens, I will clean it with a cotton bud so as not to affect the rest of the product in the tube. The packaging is a metal tube which is great for preventing oxidation of the product and gives you control over the amount of eye cream you want to use.

When I first started using La Roche-Posay Active C Eyes, there would be a stinging sensation around my eye area and my skin would turn red. This does not last long, so I continued using. About 2 weeks later, the stinging and redness reduced in frequency and only occurred occasionally. After 4 weeks, I did not experience any more stinging or redness. I think my skin was getting used to the Vitamin C.

Effects-wise, I saw a slight improvement in my lines, but only after prolonged use. There was hardly any effect on my dark eye circles (I don't have bad dark eye circles but if I have an all-nighter, the La Roche-Posay Active C Eyes didn't help much).

I like that it absorbs really quickly and provides enough hydration for my eye area. The texture is gel-like and when applied onto the skin, turns a bit watery. So I did not experience any clogging or milia seeds with the use of La Roche-Posay Active C Eyes.

All in all, I like this eye cream mainly because of the L-ascorbic acid. I like to use products with clinically proven ingredients. I think the price is S$59.90, which is quite expensive. I would wait for a discount at Watsons/guardian or hospital pharmacies like CGH.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"