Saturday, February 12, 2011

Review: Renew Rose Hip Oil

This Renew Rose Hip Oil is 100% Certified Organic and the oil itself is orange-red in colour. Rosehip Oils contain high essential fatty acids, vitamin E and antioxidants like lycopene and beta-carotene. The Vitamin A also has anti-aging properties. Rosehip Oil helps heal scars, wrinkles and skin cell repair.  This review will not be a full review as I stopped using this product after a while. I now only use this on my lips and neck.

The reason why I stopped using this Renew Rose Hip Oil was because one morning I woke up with tiny bumps all over my face, which are tiny pimples with pus. My face wasn't very red but I could feel the distinctive pimples everywhere. I stopped using after that. (Saved my skin with Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque and a light moisturiser). I only use one drop of Renew Rose hip oil a night.

The feel of the oil on my skin is quite uncomfortable as it just sits in top if my skin and does not absorb well. I think this is the main reason of the clogs all over my face. The oil itself is quite thick. I find it absorbs slightly better when skin is wet, but even then my skin just felt oily the whole night.

I liked that rosehip oils are supposed to be regenerative, improve appearance of acne scars but this Renew one just didn't suit me. I used to use Trilogy and i had no problems with the Trilogy RHO. Trilogy RHO absorbs better and doesn't have that feel of oil sitting on your skin.

I now use one drop of Renew Rose Hip Oil on my lips at night to reduce lip wrinkles as my lips tend to crack and I don't particularly like to use lip balm. I also use this on my neck nightly to reduce neck wrinkles. These are the only two ways I use the Renew Rose Hip Oil to that I can use up the 25ml bottle. If you look at the picture, I have only used up to the point where the top of label is, so I have a long way to go.

I might give this Renew Rose Hip Oil a try again but for now, I will stick to a light moisturiser.

2 comments:

  1. I am very acne-prone and thus wary to put oil on my face, but I've heard many good things about Camellia Oil. Have you ever tried it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I haven't heard much about Camellia Oil but I have heard Jojoba Oil is good for acne-prone/oily skin as it doesn't clog pores and regulates sebum production. =)

    Rosehip Oil is definitely not suitable for acne-prone or oily skin! I have heard of other people getting break outs because of RHO.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"