Saturday, December 5, 2009

Review: Neutrogena Deep Hydrating Mask

Product Information:
It is an intensive facial treatment mask that replenishes and restores moisture for deeply hydrated and bouncy skin. Shaped to fit the face, each mask instantly boosts skin’s moisture level 12 times with a penetrating Vitamin C formula, leaving skin soft and dewy with a healthy glow.
-Provides instant and long-lasting moisturization
-Deeply hydrates skin cells to leave skin bouncy
-Improves skin texture to leave it soft and smooth with a healthy glow
 My review:

I really like the Neutrogena Deep Hydrating Mask. It is non-sticky and the mask essence is of a watery consistency, unlike most masks that have more sticky and thick essence. This mask is my all-time favourite mask and the mask that I will always reach out for whenever I need some extra moisture.

Niu Er once said on the Nu Ren Wo Zui Da show that masks with thick essences usually have lesser good ingredients which are beneficial for the skin as they contains thickening agents that make the essence more sticky. Some people like these thick essences but in fact, it is the same as using corn starch to thicken the sauce when you are cooking. So, I always prefer masks that are more watery or cream based (like La Mer).

So the Neutrogena Deep Hydrating Mask is one good example of a mask that does not have thick and sticky essence and it really does its job well. I have tried many kinds of masks, including My Beauty Diary and Watsons brand masks but the Neutrogena Deep Hydrating Mask still trumps all of them in terms of hydration (I will not compare this with La Mer as it is in a totally different price league).

After 15mins and massaging in the remaining essence into my skin, my skin is plump with moisture and does not feel like there is a film over my skin (this happens with masks with thick essences). It is easily absorbed and massaged in, and my skin does not feel heavy even if I follow up with my usual skincare routine. I always travel with a few pieces of the Neutrogena Deep Hydrating Mask as it provides the moisture my skin needs in dry cold countries or in the airplane or air-conditioned hotels that 'suck' moisture out of my skin.

Maybe one little bad thing is that this mask does not have eye flaps. i know some people prefer eye flaps but I am okay with not having them as I usually do stuff while masking

I think this mask is affordable at the offer price of S$1.95. I bought 100 pieces during the last offer (*No joke!!). The price seems to have risen to S$2.95 when I last visited Watsons, so I'm really glad I stocked up.

Rate: 4.75/5



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"