Sunday, December 6, 2009

Review: Is BRTC Whitening & Wrinkle Repair BB Cream good?

A while back, I posted about the original German BB cream, Dr. Schrammek Blemish Balm. I was interested in BB creams for a while when the craze started, but I never got to trying it as it seemed to me that it is just a foundation with some skincare benefits. Some claimed that BB creams improved their skin problems tremendously, but I remained skeptic as I didn't think that BB creams can surpass serums and creams. BB creams are the last step of the skincare routine, so any benefits should first some from your skincare routine before the BB cream. And depending on the cream that you use, wouldn't it block off the skincare benefits of the BB cream, even more so if you wear sunblock? The only real benefit I can think of is that the BB cream can perhaps help to control oil or to block off dirt from the environment. But that's only my speculation..

Despite my doubts, I still got myself a tube of the BRTC Whitening & Wrinkle Repair BB Cream. Many people online say that BRTC is the best korean brand, followed by Dr. Jart. So I thought this is a good brand to start with since it is available at Watsons and now also Guardian stores.

I honestly don't particularly like this BRTC Whitening & Wrinkle Repair BB Cream. The BB cream has medium coverage. I had a pimple on my forehead but the BB cream could not cover it. When I tried to layer a bit more on for more coverage to hide my pimple, it turned out cakey. Also, due to the benzoyl peroxide pimple cream, my skin around that area is a bit dry, so the BB cream appeared flakey and made it very obvious that I had make up on, instead of looking like natural flawless skin. The BRTC Whitening & Wrinkle Repair BB Cream is the correct shade for my skin tone (NC20) when I apply it onto my face, but in about 3 hours, it oxidised and became darker, so that made the bb cream very obvious on my skin, I look like I suddenly had a tan when I was indoors and had SPF50 sunblock underneath! So I would advise this BB cream for people darker than my skin colour.

The texture is quite thick and paste-like, not very easy to spread but like others have mentioned, it is alright if you have used moisturiser before that. I find that using a makeup wedge is the easiest way to spread this out evenly (I use Shu Uemura).

Another thing to take note of is when I dap it around my eye area, it made my fine line look obvious and maybe because my eye area is a bit dry, the area looked cakey. But a good thing is it didn't dry out my eye area. Perhaps because of the claimed wrinkle repair, so the BB cream is a bit moisturising.

I would really advise anyone using the BRTC Whitening & Wrinkle Repair BB Cream to take a bit out then slowly build on the BB cream due to the paste like texture, it could turn out very thick and cakey. This happened the first time I used this BB cream, and I ended up using my wedge to try to remove a lot of excess away. If I use only a little bit, the coverage is lesser but I encounter lesser of the problems I mentioned above and looks less obvious when oxidised.

Perhaps the one thing I liked about this BB cream was it made my pores look smaller, but after oxidising, I think my skin looked too dark for my liking.

I have read that some people break out because of this BB cream, so it might be good to get a sample to try out before investing in a tube. I didn't break out but I probably will not repurchase as I think it's a bit over-rated.

Price: S$55 from Watsons.

Rate: 2.5/5  


1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"